Cranberry and Mango Pilaf ( Back to school Collab )
[ And do remember to scroll down to the bottom of this post to check the collaboration recipes with Saswati 's Delish Potpourri and Parinaaz's A Dollop of That ]
- 1 cup rice ( I used fine grade jeera rice or Gobindo bhog )
- 2-3 cloves
- 2 inch cinnamon
- 2 green cardamom
- 1-2 star anise
- 2 dry red chili ( very mild heat )
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp ghee
- salt to taste
- a pinch of saffron ( soaked in 2 tsp milk )
- a handful of dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup ripe mango (chopped into small cubes)
Stir in the mangoes and let it stand covered for 5 mins for the flavor to get imbibed.
Pack into the lunchbox along with a raita or a semi dry curry of your kid's choice.
For more such delicious recipes, check out these blogs !!
Check out Saswati' blog 'Delish Potpourri' for a yummy Peanut Butter Chocolate Trial mix Granola Bars. recipe
|Image courtesy : Delishpotpourri.com|
and Parinaaz's blog ' A Dollop of That ' for some lip-smacking Ragi Banana Pancakes .
That certainly takes care of the Kiddo's snack box. What say !!