Cooking time required: 20-25 mins
- 1 Large green mango (kancha amba)
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/5 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp mustard seeds ( use half the quantity if you are not used to the pungency
- 2 tsp oil ( 2 tsp)
- jaggery / sugar as per taste ( also depends on the sourness of the mango )
- 1/2 tsp pancha-phutana
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin-chilli powder (jeera-lanka gunda)
- salt to taste
Preparation: Grind the mustard and cumin seeds into a fine paste.
Peel and cut the mango into long pieces.
Cooking: Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, add the pancha-phutana and curry leaves. Stir for about 30 secs. Add the mango pieces and stir fry till soft.
Add the mustard-cumin paste along with 3-4 cups water. Add chilli powder, turmeric and salt. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer.
When the water reduces to 2/3rd add sugar and boil for 3-4 mins. Sprinkle jeera-lanka powder and remove from fire.
Serve with non-veg curry or dalma rice.
Note: I usually prepare it with Mansa jholo/Maccha jholo.But it tastes equally good when had with arwa chawal & dalma.