A quick Skincare Routine for Summers !!
Ok. That was enough enlightenment for one day. Coming back to India and the harsh Indian summers, quite a few of us face the problem of pimples and whiteheads during summers. I myself face this issue and have tried quite a few products. But the best I have ever come across is the Himalaya 'Purifying' range. It consists of a face wash ( there are two types actually, foaming and regular), a scrub and a pack. The entire range is quite affordable and is easily available.
Himalaya Purifying Neem Foaming Face Wash
I normally use this thrice a day, once in the morning, once at bedtime and also after coming back from the gym/outside.
1. This one is priced modestly at Rs 195 for 150mL.
2. It contains Neem and Turmeric, both of which are renowned for their anti-bacterial properties.
3. Comes with a pump applicator which does not get messy with time.
4. It does not dry the skin and leaves one feeling quite refreshed.
5. Mild smell which goes away after washing.
6. It is very effective in reducing pimples. One can notice a visible difference in two weeks time (if used along with the Neem Pack )
1. The packaging is not travel friendly.
Himalaya Purifying Neem Scrub
I use this 2-3 times a week.
1. It is priced modestly at Rs 130 for 100 gm.
2. It contains Neem and Apricot . I personally think that Apricot based scrubs suit me better.
3. Mild fragrance which does not linger
4. It contains fine granules which do not scratch the skin.
5. Skin feels clean yet moisturized after a round of scrubbing.
6. It comes with a flip-top which is more hygienic as compared to a tub. No dipping fingers inside.
1. Maybe heavy for too oily skin types.
Himalaya Purifying Neem Pack
I use it once or twice a week depending on the condition (oiliness) of my skin.
1. It is priced modestly at Rs 65 for 50 gm.
2. It contains Neem and Turmeric, both of which are renowned for their anti-bacterial properties. It also contains Fuller's earth(Multai Mitti) which cools and soothes the skin.
3. It leaves the skin feeling fresh and clean. Though skin may feel slightly stretched, it is nothing that a little dab of moisturizer cannot take care of.
3. It comes with a flip-top which is more hygienic as compared to a tub. No dipping fingers inside.
4. It is quite effective is reducing pimples. One can see a difference from the third week itself.
I would suggest incorporating all the three products in one's daily skincare routine for best results.
Some folks are also prone to skin redness and itching during summers. It could be caused by a combination of factors like heat and dryness. Yes, it is possible that even though your skin looks like you would fry parathas on it, it is still parched. Some simple steps to takes care of your skin -
1. Sunblock is a must. Wait for 15 mins after application before you venture out.
2. Do not skip moisturizer. Use a very light one (aloe vera based) instead.
3. Shield yourself with an umbrella.
4. Drink lots of water, coconut water and nimbu pani ( do easy on the sugar). Munch on cucumber, watermelons and anything that is high on water.
5. Add a few drops of rose water to your bathwater.
6. Apply a thin layer of chilled aloe vera gel on your face at night (just before going to bed). Wash it off the next morning for a glowing you. It is one of the best natural moisturizers I have come across.