Quick Fix Pasta ( and some womanly gyaan on PMS blues )
Now, while it is not possible to completely alleviate the symptoms, following a few simple rules makes it manageable. For example -
1. Reduce salt intake and increase the fiber intake - Most fried snacks are high on salt so they need to go off the menu. Also, it is a better idea to replace rice with daliya or pasta which are higher in fiber content.
2. Drink loads of warm water - It flushes out the system and reduces bloating.
3. Include herbs like garlic, ginger and basil in your diet .
4. EVOO works like a magic potion. Do try adding some to your salads and pasta.
5. Citrus fragrance is one great mood lifter plus the juice works as a detox agent. Go leverage both.
6. Exercise or even better, try yoga.
Ok. So, we are done with the gyaan. Lets move on to this simple recipe that actually uses some of the ingredients I have listed above -
Preapartion Time - 15 mins
- 100 gm Delmonte spaghetti
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 3-4 fat garlic flakes
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 6-7 Italian basil leaves
- rind of 1 lemon