Naturally beautiful !!!
I am all for a skin routine that focuses on natural products and especially Ayurveda. Unlike chemical based formulations that may show instant results but are detrimental to the skin in the long run, cosmetics that rely on the goodness of Ayurveda improve the skin health and appearance over a period of use. And this conclusion is based on the reasoning that while most of the chemical based cosmetic brands promote their product as clinically tested or approved, they would have been in existence for a few years only. But Ayurveda is based on the centuries old wisdom of our predecessors and hence definitely more reliable.
Even when I am not using Ayurvedic products, I rely on simple home remedies to keep my skin clean and glowing. If nothing else, it turns out to be very economical and effective. Some of the common remedies that I use are -
1. Cleanser - Homemade besan or chickpeas mixed with turmeric and a few drops of yogurt is a very good cleanser that one can make at home. One can use this along with water boiled with neem leaves which can be splashed onto a face a few times in a day. Both turmeric and neem have proven anti-bacterial properties that keeps the imperfections at bay.
2. Scrub - Oatmeal mixed with a few drops of milk and almond meal works wonders as a scrub. This scrub also lightens the skin if used regularly. For a bull body scrub, mix 3 tbsp granulated sugar with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp honey. This scrub is also effective on stubborn areas like the knees, elbows and ankles.
3. Moisturizer - Aloe vera gel is one of the most potent moisturizers that I have come across. Apply a thin layer on clean face at night and wake to a beautifully soft and nourished skin in the morning. And it has absolutely no side effects. I also keep a small tub of the gel in the fridge that I like to apply onto the skin after a period of sun exposure. It immediately soothes the skin and one feels very refreshed.
4. De-tan - Freshly squeezed tomato juice is very effective in treating sunburn and tanning.
5. Instant brightening face pack - There are days when we all need that extra glow on our face. Mix 1 tablespoon honey with a few drops of lemon juice. Apply all over the face and leave it to dry. Wash off with lots of water. This instantly gives a clean and clear skin that is a few shades lighter .
Hope you like the skincare tips using all natural products !!
This post is written for VICOO Turmeric Cream . Check their wow video -