Mudhi Mansa ( Puffed Rice with Mutton Gravy - A Baripada Special)
But moving on to Baripada, it is not just considered a leftover but an entire recipe that is part and parcel of the culinary heritage of the district. And you have to beleive this because no wedding menu is considered complete without it.
Here is the recipe for Mudhi mutton -
- 3-4 cups puffed rice
- 1/3 cup mutton gravy/jholo ( just warm, not too hot or cold )
- 2-4 pieces of mutton (from same curry)
- 1-2 small pieces of mutton fat or charbi (also from the same curry)
- 1/2 of a small onion ( chopped into thin pieces )
- 2 green chilis (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- 1 small tomato (finely chopped)
- 1/4 th of a small cucumber (chopped into thin long pieces)
- 1 tsp mustard oil
- pinch of salt (optional)
Preparation - Take everything into a mixing bowl. Toss together and serve immediately.
Click here for the recipe of mutton jholo .