The Fast ( Sabitri Brata Series )
Now moving on to the matter of the fast, I have got a few queries on what is ok to consume on Sabitri and what can be offered as the prasad. So, I am doing this blog post to answer all those queries. You can still drop a query by means of a comment on my blog or on my Fb page (here). Read on -
- The thumb rule - "No cooked items please". All fruits, salad vegetables, milk products, sabudana and sprouts are ok.
- No sweets please unless it is 'misti doi' .
- Tea and coffee are debatable. Best to avoid but if you are addicted, have a cup or two to keep you from feeling cranky.
- No regular salt. Use black salt.
- No ice-cream.
- The prasad usually consists of all possible types of fruits. Though most senior ladies advice you to stick to a few 'desi' fruits, people staying abroad may find it tough. So, all fruits are ok.
Note - Different households have different views on what is permissible. Hence, do consult with your MIL if you have any doubts.
Read more on the Sabitri Brata series Here and Here .